Archive for December 2009
This was inspired by banana pecan cake with maple glaze recipe from Clotilde.
Banana Walnut Madeleine (24 servings):
- 40g walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 140g whole wheat pastry flour (~1 cup unsifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 30g unsalted butter, softened (~2 Tbsp)
- 40g whole almond or walnut butter (fresh butter available from Whole Foods, ~ 2 scant Tbsp).
- 50g brown sugar (~1/4 cup)
- 20g maple syrup or honey (~1 Tbsp)
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 small eggs
- 2 extra ripe bananas, about 300g weighed with skin – peel, mash with fork