Archive for the ‘Cookbook’ Category
The Fresh Tastes of India’s New Cuisine: A culinary ride through India – traditional food presented for modern palates.
- Slim book but all the recipes are distinct. Many of these you will come back to again and again.
- Atul presents traditional food from different parts of India so there is a large variation in flavors. Although he is a celebrity chef, he has presented recipes for the home cook.
- Many full page color photographs.
- This is not a teaching cookbook. There are only a few general tips discussed.
- This is not an introductory cookbook. While the cooking style is suitable for home cook, the number of spices he uses is large.
- There is no indication regarding what parts of the dishes can be made ahead of time
Ismail Merchant’s Passionate Meals: The New Indian Cuisine for Fearless Cooks and Adventurous Eaters. Includes recipes to please all tastes – fish, shellfish, chicken, lamb, beef, rice, lentils, vegetables, desserts…
- A great introductory cookbook – authentic and sophisticated tastes with a handful of ingredients – for anyone who want to cook Indian
- Each dish is presented with serving suggestions; Sample menus at the end for entertaining
- The cookbook was clearly written with US audience in mind, so the measures are US friendly and the ingredients are not hard to source